Monday, March 12, 2012

Cinnamon coconut almond butter


An empty apartment on Saturday morning left me toddling around the kitchen looking for something to delight my palate. Enter homemade cinnamon coconut almond butter.

I'm a nut butter fan. I normally don't take the homemade route but after this batch I hope to start doing so more often. Perhaps it tastes better because of all the love and anticipation that goes into it, or maybe because it's so fresh, either way, it is a delight.

The best part is all the mixing and matching that can take place. You can mix different types of nuts, add spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and toss in ingredients like coconut, raisins, vanilla, or dark chocolate.

I went for almonds, coconut, and cinnamon. 






















After 10 minutes in the food processor, cinnamon and coconut aroma filled my kitchen. I enjoyed my warm nut butter on some whole grain bread, paired perfectly with a hot cup of freshly ground coffee. If only every morning could be a Saturday morning.



A few notes about homemade nut butter: 
- Store it in the fridge 
- It lasts about one month so make small batches
- 1 cup of nuts yields about 1/2 cup of nut butter



Ingredients: 
Almonds - 1 cup
Coconut, shredded, unsweetened - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp

Directions: 
Toss into a food processor and process for about 10 minutes.
Scrape sides as needed.




Wishing you tasty mornings and happy days,
Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. This looks very tempting... I shall try it!

    www.houseofhemingway.com

    ReplyDelete