Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hey there, I remember you.


Oh boy. It's been a while. Too long, actually.
The last month has been a busy one, filled with a surprise visit home (thanks to my gorgeous bffs), my mama in town (working on a fabulous show),  an addiction to the Hunger Games trilogy (I'm dying to find out how it ends), a nasty cold (that's finally gone), swing dancing my booty off, and many other wonderful things. While my social life is doing well, it's seriously time to add some sizzle to my meals.

I had some leftover fresh pasta that needed to be cooked so I decided to pair it with pan seared scallops, caramelized onions and mushrooms, topped with fresh parmesan cheese and basil. Yum.

Recipe: Pan-Seared Scallops and Spaghettini 
Ingredients: 
Spaghettini
Scallops
White onion, sliced
Mushrooms, sliced
Habanero Pepper, sliced
Pepper
Oil/Margarine/Butter
Basil, chopped
Garlic, minced

Directions:

I've decided not to put in measurements because they really don't matter much in this recipe. Make this to your liking, perhaps you want to go heavy on the onion and light on the habanero  - do what feels right.
  1. Add sliced onions and mushrooms to a oiled (or buttered) pan and let them cook until they caramelize. Add habanero pepper and lots of garlic. 
  2. While this is happening lay scallops on a paper towel and place another layer or two of paper towel on top of the scallops. This will draw the moisture out of the scallops and will allow you to sear the scallops and get a nice brown colour.
  3. Once scallops are dry, season them as desired (I kept it simple with ground pepper and a tiny amount of salt). 
  4. In another pan, heat oil or butter. When pan is hot add the scallops and cook for two minutes. Turn over and cook for another two minutes. 
  5. While scallops are cooking, boil pasta until cooked. 
  6. Add some fresh basil and parmesan before serving. 

Wishing you a happy, healthy month of May,
Rebecca 

No comments:

Post a Comment