Friday, December 9, 2011

Beauty Resolutions

I love this post from The Beauty Department.  For three years running my New Year resolution has been to moisturize after getting out of the shower. It's something that I know is great for my body and skin but I just. don't. like. doing.  Despite my dread of this tedious task I normally do well with my resolution and have baby soft skin until May! (change of season, change of habits?)
It turns out there is a name for this type of resolution - a Beauty Resolution. I shamelessly hopped on the bandwagon and created my own list of beauty resolutions (borrowing a few from wonderful ladies at The Beauty Department)

I vow to:
Exfoliate my face and body at least once a week.
Wear SPF 40 every single day.
Moisturize my face before bed (even if the moisturizer is really really far away)
Find the perfect red lipstick to give me an extra dose of sassiness.
Throw out all expired makeup. If I can't remember when I bought it, it's too old.
Clean my makeup brushes every week.
Experiment with styles (in the privacy of my own bedroom) that I never thought I could pull off.
Take the time to put on tights and a dress, even if pants are the quick and easy option.
Sleep on a satin pillowcase to protect my hair.
Sleep 6-8 hours a night.
Volunteer.
Moisturize after getting out of the shower.
Treat my body to nutritious, wholesome, natural food every day.
Look at the ingredient list and reflect on if I really want to consume that strange sounding additive.
Make my lunch.
Drinks lots of water.
Go outside, even in the cold. I'm not a bear; I will not hibernate.
Move my body.
Find the silver lining.
Smile.

What are your beauty resolutions? Remember, beauty is on the inside and out - mind, body, and soul.

Wishing you a beautiful new year, 
Rebecca 

2 comments:

  1. i support all of these. especially you not being a bear - i think that would ruin our friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. satin pillowcases are good for hair? maybe i need to get one too!

    ReplyDelete