Monday, December 5, 2011

Fit for a tea party

There are plenty of opportunities for indulgence over the holiday season and once in a while I crave a break from all the sweet treats and salty snacks. While searching for a small bowl for my greek yogurt tonight I came up with this cute idea for a holiday tea party! 
Put some Greek yogurt in a small tea cup and serve with a Scottish oat biscuit. It's a perfectly satisfying snack and is high in protein and low in fat and added sugars. Top with some fresh berries for a festive look! 


Tips: 1)  Look for oat biscuits or oat cakes with no added sugar; the yogurt will provide all the sweet flavour you need 2) If available, choose Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt has a creamy texture, is low in fat and high in protein.  

Wishing you a tasty holiday season, 
Rebecca 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love that tea idea. I am craving some hot tea now!

    Cambria

    ReplyDelete