Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Warm me up!





















It's a cold, wet, windy night. 
Homemade soup was the only solution to warming me up.

This was my first time making potato leek soup - it was EASY. Who knew? 
I used a food processor but I think a blender would also do the trick!                                           

Potato Leek Soup 

Ingredients: 
1 Tbsp butter or margarine
1-2 cloves of garlic
3 leeks
3 potatoes
3-4 cups broth
Dash of thyme, salt, & pepper

Directions: 
1. Sauté garlic and leeks in melted butter or margarine. 
2. Throw in broth and bring to a boil.
3. Add chopped potatoes (Yukon Gold worked well for me). 
4. Cover and let cook for about 20 minutes.  Add a dash of dried thyme, salt, and pepper. 
5. Once the potatoes are soft, transfer 1/2 to 3/4 of the soup to the food processor. Process until smooth and add it back to the pot. 
6. Serve and ENJOY!!! 

Special shout out to Jenny who inspired me with her homemade potato leek soup today at lunch. 

Stay warm, 
Rebecca 

No comments:

Post a Comment